Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 19, 2007, 8:53 AM   #1

I sold my old computer and got a laptop.

When i downloaded the r300 drivers from the epson support site the printer worked fine but i was only printing pages. i also had to search round and find a copy of epson print cd to download (version 1.10E). When i go to print onto a cd via PRINT CD and i have the tray loaded correctly and press print the lcd readout on my printer is telling me to close the cd tray and when i do this it automatically prints onto A4.

i did not have this problemwith my old computer. Im wondering if i have not installed a driver for the tray or am i missing some sort of setting that i should be using.

Any help would be great thanks.
wegieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 20, 2007, 4:38 AM   #2

You may have the wrong version of PrintCD for your printer.

I have the R310 (Same as the R300, but for non-US market) and version 1.20E came on the CD with it.

If the program isn't the right one or not properly installed I'd expect the print command to go to the regular print driver, which will detect that the CD tray is open and tell you to close it, and of course when you do that it will automatically feed from the paper tray.

It might also be that the CD tray isn't locking down properly and actuating the micro switch when opened — if this happens it will tell you to close the tray (to prove the point, move it just a little off its closed position and try to print.)
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote