Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 23, 2007, 5:50 AM   #1

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to fit a waste ink bottle to the Epson R265 printer please. With pictures if possible.
omega63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 23, 2007, 10:06 PM   #2

I think the R26x series uses much the same (might even be the same) mechanism as the earlier R20x and 30x units (different case and firmware, mostly.)

If this is so, the waste tube will be in the same place so all you'd need to do would be gain access to the case, which looks much bulkier than the earlier units, and lead the tube out through the back — you might need to extend it to reach through the case wall, and you might also need to drill a hole to bring it out through (R200/300 series have a convenient access hatch — the later cases may not, I don't have access to one to find out.).

On my R310, the tube is approximately 12CM from the right side of the printer and 3CM up from the bottom and the case is a close fit over the mechanism, so if you can see enough inside to check if yours doesn't have a lot of air space at the right end (viewing from the front) the measurement above should help you find the tube end.

If I were looking for it and the printer didn't have an access hatch, my solution would be to get out the Dremel and cut one.

Surprisingly, no users seem to have posted their experiences modifying the later Epsons as yet (maybe when my R310 wears out...)
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote