Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 28, 2007, 12:03 PM   #1

I have a brand new Epson R380 printer and am having problems with some of the photos I am printing. They are coming out too dark or densly colored and the black and medium brown colors are all printing deep deep redish brown. I am not using the Photo Enhance button- the prints look all spotted and bad with that checked. The photos in question were from scanned prints that look great on the screen before printing. I even adjusted the photos to make them look lighter and less red before printing, but still got unsatisfactory results. Any thoughts on what I might adjust to solve the problem???
Thanks!
andez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2007, 8:23 PM   #2

Are you getting a perfect nozzle check with no gaps?

If yes, do colours look right when you print a test page?

If no, run a head clean and try again until you do get a perfect check — without all nozzles firing 100% you'll never get correct colours.

Download this file, print a copy of the 'purge6.tif' file (it uses a lot of ink — don't print reams of them...) and check it against the screen image.

http://www.inksupply.com/html/zip/purge.zip

If it looks right, (unless you're very lucky it won't be an exact match — there are too many variables between printer and screen displays, but it should show up any obvious problems) you can pretty much rule out the printer as the cause of your trouble and can start looking at the computer end.

I won't go into the details of getting this end right — I'd be typing all day and there are lots of tutorials around the 'net that are better than anything I could do.

Idle is offline   Reply With Quote