Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Apr 9, 2007, 11:36 PM   #1

my printer have problem with black ink head becouse it do not align correctly
vertical lines are very durty and it looks as head blocking i have epson adjustment program please tel me how to solve this problem
Attached Images

ravinarkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 10, 2007, 5:39 AM   #2

Can you post a scan of the printer outputs, both of a nozzle check and the mis-aligned black print?

Also try printing in a slower mode such as Text & Image and see what the results are — text-only mode often results in wavy verticals that will not adjust out.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2007, 8:48 AM   #3

this is the print by printer adjustment program when u r adjusting the printer
Attached Images

Old Apr 11, 2007, 8:49 AM   #4

this is printer output
Attached Images

Old Apr 11, 2007, 8:50 AM   #5

this is nozal check
Attached Images

Old Apr 11, 2007, 8:53 PM   #6

If you look carefully at the left side of the black nozzle check you'll see it isn't perfect — one line is missing and several are quite faint.

The colour nozzle checks look OK.

To be perfect (prints won't be good if it's not), all lines must be there, complete and of about the same density.

The alignment check suggests that possibly something is deflecting the ink spray — maybe dried ink on the head surface or partially blocking some jets, maybe a paper scrap or other garbage stuck where it interferes with ink flow.

The ragged edges in the print sample may be wicking due to the paper's absorbency (or lack of it...) or part of the same problem — it's hard to say.

If normal head cleans don't get you a good nozzle check (don't run too many, excessive head cleaning isn't good for heads besides wasting ink), try, first of all, some ammonia-based window cleaner on the black parking pad (not a lot, just a few drops) — leave it soak overnight, then run a head clean and nozzle check or two.

If this doesn't work you might need to physically clean the underside of the head (soak one or more strips of lint-free cloth with the window cleaner, lay it along the path of head travel, move the heads over it, pick up the ends and move back & forth — again run a head clean and nozzle check.)

As a last resort it's possible to remove the cartridge and push some cleaner through the head with a hypodermic syringe applied to the ink feed spike — note this is a risky procedure as it's all too easy to apply too much pressure and break the head — I do not recommend it, and if the problem is something solid blocking nozzle outlets it probably won't work anyway.

Old Apr 11, 2007, 11:06 PM   #7

yes but my problem is that all lines of black color ink lines are not equal means acording to first line we are draw vertical line then the all horizantal black lines are not is same row

in this image all color lines are verticaly strate but black is zigzag
this is the main problem and thats why when we are print the black print where zigzag and it looks very bad
Attached Images

Old Apr 12, 2007, 1:00 AM   #8

Precisely! As I said, something is deflecting the black ink spray so that it's not going exactly where it's supposed to.

If it were a mechanical problem, I would expect the colour lines to be off as well.

They're not, and therefore I suggested that you physically clean the black head.

If you are spray painting a car, for instance, and the nozzle of the gun gets a paint build-up on it, the paint won't go as and where you want it until you remove the build-up — these things differ only in degree, both are delivering drops of liquid under pressure and react to obstructed flow in the same way.

So far as I'm aware, the adjustments supplied by Epson both to the user and in the service adjustment program are all that's available to adjust any mis-alignment without dismantling the printer (anything mechanical, such as a damaged head, is mostly beyond the users ability to fix and the R310 isn't worth enough to spend money on — a new head costs more than the printer is worth and you still have to get it installed.)

If there is, in fact, something deflecting the ink stream, then no amount of adjustment via software is going to make it right, and removing the obstruction will likely make adjustment unnecessary.

If you were not aware of it, the SSC utility will let you run cleaning cycles on the black head only.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:59 AM   #9

thanks idle thank u very much my problem almost solve