Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Apr 19, 2007, 10:51 PM   #1

I am new to digital photography..Twenty-teo years ago I was heavily into B & W photography..I would like to concentrate on B & W as I get back into things..I will be using a Pentax K10D with a selection of manual, auto-focus, & digital lenses- half zooms & half primes..I've read several decent reviews on the Pixma Pro9000; with praise for the 9500 as being better than the 9000 for B & W..Am I mistaken in that the 9500 is not slated to be released for retail sales untill May 2007?.. If so how are these reviewers rating the 9500 printer?..What other printers are for sale that will produce archival prints in B & W to the level that the 9500 is supposed to do?..The reviewers are saying that the 9500 will produce prints capable of lasting 125 plus years using the proper paper suited tho the 9500's ink..I need suggestions as how to set up & equip a studio for processing images off the SD card, into a computer, to a printer, & onto archival quality paper. I intend to purchase a seperate stand-alonecomputer to avoid corrupting the photo editing/ finishing software as much as possible..If I have asked too many questions in this post I apologise as this is only my second post at Steve's..I thank all responders for any help that you may be able to provide me....Many Thanks.....Bruce
baltochef920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links