Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 5, 2007, 12:16 AM   #1

As seen on nifty-stuff.com:

If correct, Atlanticinkjet.com is going to be selling recycled CLI-8 and PGI-5 ink cartridges with chip, and the chip will be reset. The press release can be read at http://www.prweb.com/releases/canon/...rweb523248.htm.

If someone other than Canon can reset a chip then it won't be long till othershave the ability - including those of us in our homes?
Stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2007, 5:00 PM   #2

I rather purchase a chip resetter than recycled cartridges. I wonder if they really are resetting the chip (like they claim) or if they have made their own chip? If they really are resetting the original chip then a resetter should be in our futures now that it's proven possible.
d.verhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2007, 6:25 AM   #3

Hi

I have an MP800 and have found this

http://www.alibaba.com/manufacturer/...artridges.html

Hazlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2007, 7:51 AM   #4

I forgot to add that this system come with an auto reset chip....allegedly
Hazlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2007, 5:23 PM   #5

The critical issue is does this "ARC Chip"maintain the ink monitoring system of Canon printers?

Concerning my original post,someone in another forum referenced that the chip resetting equipment was offered to him for $3500. Don't think I'll be buying that anytime soon!
Stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2007, 4:47 PM   #6

Hello all,

Reading through and thought I would provide some input here, I hope you don't mind.

I own a Cartridge World store and we have the facility to refill and reset the chips on CLI-8 and PG-5 cartridges. I sell cli-8 refills for £5.50 and the PG-5 for £6.50 inc vat. We operate like most stores on an exchange basis for a ready to use refilled / resetted cartridge, negating the need for you to wait.

All of my customers so far have been very happy with the inks we use, a number of them prefering it to original Canon ink.

If you get 2 minutes, read the 'Trusted Reviews' report on our cartridges whereby we out performed OEM ink in most categories:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/printe...vestigation/p9

Thanks. :-)
CPUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 2:51 PM   #7

I keep reading about reset carts but still have not seen anything hit the market. It's like bigfoot sightings.
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 4:56 PM   #8

KnightCrawler wrote:
Quote:
I keep reading about reset carts but still have not seen anything hit the market. It's like bigfoot sightings.
The difference is Knightcrawler ...................................I believe in bigfoot............
headphonesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 10:09 PM   #9

:idea:I have seen refurbished Cartridges for Canon MP830 with chip reset to full at :

http://www.re-inks.com/Canon-compatible-PIXMA-MP830.asp

Does anyone has experience with these cartridges

zarqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2007, 7:43 PM   #10

Re-Inks is also Atlantic Inkjet, I have ordered the CLI/PG cartridges with the chip reset, they work perfectly, and my customers are very satisfied. Atlantic Inkjet's supplier for these is The Inkjet Company.

There is also talk on a rest machine being available through Cartridge World eventually for around $600.00. I'm told there will be another coming available as well for less.....I believe it is through Cana-Pacific.

Also Thinktank UK claim to be selling the resetters already, acording to my source this is where Cartridge World got theirs.
inkinawink is offline   Reply With Quote