Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 10, 2007, 1:08 PM   #1

as any one done a waste ink mod on the R265 as im trying to find out how to do it on mine

many thanks
martin26e is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2007, 10:23 PM   #2

I suspect you'll be able to work it out for yourself if you remove the right-hand end of the case.

The R260/265 appears to be the lower-spec version of the R380/390 (same mechanism, less fancy gadgetry), but I've no specific information on the internals of it as yet.

It will entail drilling a hole in the case, of course.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2007, 6:17 PM   #3

i dont mind driling in to the case if i have to but would like to know wot im looking at and how to take the case apart with out recking it
martin26e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2007, 1:55 AM   #4

I still have no specific info on the R265, but most of these printers are assembled the same way.

You start by removing the top cover by pressing in one of the hinge pins against its spring — usually it's the right-hand one.

Next seek out and remove the retaining screws for the top section of the case — they'll all be accessible, but sometimes one or more are under a cover (the R300, for instance, has one in the cavity for the optional LCD screen.)

Once they're out of the way, look for snap clips around the perimeter which you ease out gently with a screwdriver or other suitable flat tool whilst applying a slight lifting pressure to the case top.

Once all are released the top should now be loose — be careful lifting it away in case there are cables attached (you may not have to disconnect them, just be careful!)

If you can't see the waste tube at this point you might have to pull the end of the case — it shouldn't have any screws in it, just plastic clips, but look carefully first.

Sorry I can't be more specific, and do be gentle with the plastic snaps...
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2007, 8:40 PM   #5

martin26e wrote:
Quote:
as any one done a waste ink mod on the R265 as im trying to find out how to do it on mine

many thanks
I hope this helps.

http://www.inkrepublic.com/Knowledge...60WasteInk.asp

It is for R260, R265, R380, RX580 waste ink tube & tank installation.

phplarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2007, 9:42 AM   #6

Thanks phplally for the link - looks like what a lot of us were looking for
alsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2007, 8:02 AM   #7

R260 - Did the modification as the link suggested by phplarry. Did it slightly different cause I did not see how drain hose could be fed out the way shown and drilled a hole in the frame and cover (there goes Epson's warranty) I used areator tubing from a fish tank (could have used icemaker tubing also) which went over (snuggly) Epsons tube. Really so simple to do and side cover is easy to get off either by a sharp slap to the side or easy prying by a standard screwdriver that will fit in the crack.

Drilled the side cover & frame together after resnapping cover back on after figuring where exit hole from the printerlocation should be & then removing cover to snake tubing out and Epsons tube was long enough to exit the machine without causing any bends that would restrict ink flow.

Thanks again phplarry
alsie is offline   Reply With Quote