Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 17, 2007, 6:11 PM   #1

My son needs a printer and since Ive been very satisfied with my ip5000 and my mom likes her ip4000 I want to stick with Canons. Even though he probably won't be doing alot of photo printing I've found my ip5000 is just a great all around printer so I expect a ip4200 or ip4300 will work fine for him. Circuit City has the 4200 for $70 so would there be much difference between it and the newer 4300 for $100? This is from their Outlet store I guess I wonder if it is new. Do you ever see the 4300 on sale for much less than $100?

While I'm not a fan of all-in-ones should I even consider any of the Canons like MP160, MP180 or MP 460 if he may need a scanner in the future, wouldn't I be giving up alot (quality and ink costs) because they only use 2 ink carts?
mccoady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 20, 2007, 7:29 AM   #2

There both good, $100 for the 4300 is ok but fry's has it on sale for $60 after a $20 rebate every other week.

I'd stay away from the cheap all-in-ones, they work but your money would be better spent on a decent quality scanner. Plus the ink cost is higher and they need to be replaced quicker.
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2007, 11:00 AM   #3

Okay thanks I will keep checking fry's website for a deal on the ip4300 although after having to pay $11 in shipping it does add up.

I see they have listed an ip3000 is this still the two year old model as my ip5000 that doesn't have chipped cartridges?

I have been using G&G cartridges with my ip5000 and like them alot, but how much success will I have transferring the OEM cartridge chips to the G&G carts and getting them to work with the ip4300?
mccoady is offline   Reply With Quote