Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 2, 2003, 10:46 PM   #1

Default Just bought a new HP 7550 and I have questions.

Just bought a new HP 7550 and I have questions.

To begin with the print quality is excellent. The pics I reprinted from our trip to Italy, Austria and Switzerland look better than the One hour developing places.

1st, does your HP ever freak out and just shoot the paper out instead of printing or only print part of the pic?
I'm using the free version of Q-Image to print. So far this has only happened on the 4x6 prints. If I restart the program it sometimes helps other times I have to restart the computer.

2nd question, I followed a link gaven here and bought the ink to do my own refills. After refilling the 57 and 58 inks,
the printer still shows the cartridge is almost empty, and the level is falling. I'm getting messages from the printer about low ink etc. Is this normal? I've read about some new cartridges being non-refillable. Is this cartridge going to show empty and stop working?

3rd question, When filling the photo inks the blue over flowed and I must have gotten blue in the black. My pics of the ruins in Rome started printing the columns etc. purpleish. I switched to a new cartridge and no more purple.
Has this ever happened to you and can I fix this cartridge or is it fried?

Thanks for any help.

Anthony
brandofamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2003, 4:58 AM   #2

The cartriges have a built in code. The printer only remembers the last two. To reset the printers memory follow the instructions in the link. http://www.alotofthings.com/supportf...pid565758.html
As far as shooting out paper, mine has never done that.
As far as getting ink over flow, you are supposed to go very, very slowly when filling.

Good luck.
lotapixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2003, 9:02 AM   #3

Have you ever had things turn purplish?
Like objects that are supposed to be tannish stone.
Thanks
Anthony
brandofamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2003, 10:26 AM   #4

No I have had no color problems with refilling. However, if you don't reset the ink levels, the printer may try to go into 3 color mode if it thinks the photo cartridge is empty. Your prints won't be as good as they should be.
Tom
lotapixel is offline   Reply With Quote