Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 9, 2007, 10:00 AM   #11

Looks like ive sorted that bit lol, changed the position of the waste tube to lowest point in the hatch, removed the extension tube and put a different waste container. Now its not spewing ink, just printin but with bands and the nozzle check pattern isnt complete
Nicky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2007, 9:06 PM   #12

Quote:
It has failed to recognise the cartridges in the past, and when i wipe the chip contacts it usually works. When the CIS and cartridges are out of the printer the ink flows from the outlet holes in the bottom of the cartridges, when placed upright.
Good cartridges have a spring-loaded valve in the outlet that prevents leakage when they're out of the printer — they also have reasonable quality chip contacts that don't tarnish and make bad connection.

The real rubbish ones have a plastic flap instead of a valve — it distorts over time, doesn't shut properly and leaks.

I don't need three guesses as to which ones you have...

The bad nozzle check and banding is most likely air bubbles and should disappear if you re-prime the cartridges (you'll find instructions for this in several posts on this and other forums.)
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 2:51 AM   #13

I put a bit of head cleaner on the pads, rested printer a while, then did a powerful head clean using SSC then a nozzle head check print, then i printed out a purge pattern on all 6 colours.........PERFECT!

thanks for your help
Nicky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 8:30 PM   #14

Perseverence pays! :-)
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote