Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 10, 2007, 2:37 PM   #1

I have aquired an epson CX5200 its in pretty good nick, but the cyan and magenta are not printing at all. could someone tell me if I would be able to put a few drops of head cleaner on the parking pads?
Nicky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2007, 4:14 PM   #2
Administrator

You may have better luck asking this question in our Photo Inkjet Forum

So, I'll go ahead and move this thread there now.

I have seen some posts mentioning different techniques to try and clean heads in the past if the normal cleaning cycles don't work (everything from alcohol to Windex type solutions that you can try). So, perhaps you'll get some useful responses.

You may also want to check out the threads in this forum (I see a lot of them discussing how to try and clear clogs on the CX5200):

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/sea...CX5200+clogged

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 4:23 PM   #3

thanks JimC
Old Jun 11, 2007, 5:19 AM   #4

I can't claim any experience with the Cx5200 — never even seen one except perhaps on a retailer's shelf several years ago (it's long discontinued.)

If you follow up the fix-your-own-printer link above (I just did) you'll find it's notorious for problems, most of which look like shoddy assembly.

I'd suggest you use it as a learning tool — take it to bits and see what you can accomplish.

The actual printer mechanism is identical to the equivalent print-only machine (C80?) with the addition of the scanner and stuck into a different case.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2007, 12:44 PM   #5
Administrator

Yep... many Epsons tend to have a bad rep with clogged nozzles.

See my October 2005 post in this old thread.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=40

A manager at a local Staples was practically giving an Epson all-in-one away (and he was even throwing in new cartridges). If memory serves, I could have bought it for around $30, including a full warranty, and he was even willing to let me bring it back for a refund if I couldn't get the nozzles unclogged. lol

I still turned it down. I'll take the higher consumables cost and go with a product that doesn't have those issues. It's just not worth the hassle to me.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2007, 3:06 PM   #6

well like i say the printer was owned by a lady pensioner (in her late 80's) and its like new, it looks like its hardly ever been used. Ive purchased some new cartridges and will give it a go with them. Its showing that the magenta ink is empty.

Nothing to lose