Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 16, 2007, 8:27 AM   #1

I am using ink tank system and have noticed lately that when I turn on the printer, it goes into automatic head cleaning modewasting unnecessary ink. It does this just about every day when I start to print something. In the past, it only did this if I stop printing for several days in a row but now it is doing this more frequently than necessary, wasting a lot of ink.

Is there anyway that I can control this automatic head cleaning from being activated by itself. I rather clean the nozzele manually when I feel the need to.

Thanks anyone.

Pui

kittiwat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 17, 2007, 6:30 AM   #2

The only way to prevent this is to leave the printer power on when not in use. It will then run the cleaning cycle much less frequently. At least that's the way it works on the C86/C88.
Wolverine@MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2007, 6:02 AM   #3

I wish I knew the answer to that, too.

I pour more ink down the drain than I ever use.

Mine frequently does a head clean if I switch from paper to CD printing, then another when I switch back again.

Add to that the priming of all cartridges when only one is replaced (usual with Epson's OEM cartridges, at least in the lower end printers that they sell en masse) and you wonder why you bother.

Epson recently commissioned a study of inkjet ink consumption that it says bears out its claim to the lowest ink usage — if Epson's is the lowest I really pity the poor sods on the other end of the stick.

This article may be of interest, particularly the last paragraph:

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index....57&eid=140
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote