Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 22, 2007, 1:57 PM   #1

Hey i read that R260 made after either March or April 07 dont work with all cis. Epson doesnt want people other inks so does any one know how to get the manufacters date off the printer as it isnt printed on the printer itself?
phillyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 22, 2007, 9:35 PM   #2

That seems to be Epson's answer to the CIS and 3rd-party cartridge industry(and for them it's a serious financial problem that's costing many millions in what would otherwise be captive revenue.)

If you know how to extract the firmware, edit it and reload it (or replace with an earlier version) then you'll be able to circumvent the measure.

Otherwise you'll just have to wait for the industry to come up with a chip for each new batch of printers, or one that can make the printer ignore firmware changes (probably impossible.)

I believe they also are zoned so that cartridges for one market won't work in another.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2007, 1:48 AM   #3

Good idea :idea:
diana08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2007, 4:43 AM   #4

I now see that 'chips' for R265, old and new models, are becomeing available but I have now found that the R360 also suffers from the same problem and contrary to original thoughts, although they take the same cartriges R360 3rd party 'chip'd' cartiges are not recogised.
pewtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2007, 9:07 PM   #5

pewtu wrote:
Quote:
I now see that 'chips' for R265, old and new models, are becomeing available but I have now found that the R360 also suffers from the same problem and contrary to original thoughts, although they take the same cartriges R360 3rd party 'chip'd' cartiges are not recogised.
Dear ,

Maybe your chip and the cartridge were not connect very well when you installed.

I suggest you changing another ink cartridge to see how it goes.

Good Luck

diana08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2007, 3:27 AM   #6

Have to say I did try and investigate if it was a mechanical problem, but I cannot see that it is. My black always registers but Y, LM M LC never does and B does register. I have been in contact many times with the supplier who now says that the manufacturer now states that the chips do not work witha R360. By the way I am useing a CISS
pewtu is offline   Reply With Quote