Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 20, 2007, 8:38 PM   #1

While in the process of changing the OEM ink tank microchips to the compatible ink tanks I inadvertently got the chips mixed up. Now the printer will not recognize any of the cartridges, even when pressing the paper feed button as shown in the instructions. I have used this process numerous times before and the compatible cartridges worked perfectly. However, through my oversight I mixed the chips up and apparently don't have them on the proper color cartridges.

Is there any way to tell which chip goes with a specific color of ink tank?
AFCOLONEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 21, 2007, 1:28 AM   #2

Many of the Epson chips have a mark on them (usually hand-written) to identify the colour.

I just looked at a spare set I have on the shelf and yes, they have markings (C for cyan, LC for light cyan etc.)

If they don't, you're probably stuck with trial and error (there might be differences in the solder points on the PCB's — have a good look and if there are, check with your vendor as to which are which.)

Without markings my Epson ones would be indistinguishable from one another — the chips look identical.

Probably Canon chips do too, but it's worth having a look.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 11:16 AM   #3

Too late to reply to be of direct help; I went through a similar scenario.The Canon windows printer applet actually tells you if the wrong ink tank is ina slot so you can quicklymatch the correct chip/tank using this method.
kk131 is offline   Reply With Quote