Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 7, 2007, 12:24 AM   #1

I'm suddenly in need of purchasing a new inkjet printer (in the next couple days or so). I woud appreciate your advice.

Here are some guidelines to use in making recommendation:

1. Price range: $90 - $130
2. Multifunction: Scanner, Printer, Copier (No fax needed). Good for photo printing.
3. Brand: HP or Canon...(I'd like to stay away from Epson--I've been a loyal Epson fan for over 5 years, but have been burned many times.)
4. Places to shop: Best Buy, Circuit City, Office Depot, Office Max.

Your prompt response is very much appreciated.
romeroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2007, 1:07 PM   #2

Have you considered the new Kodak line of printers? They start at like $150 which is slightly over your upper limit, however you'll save in the long run when you consider ink costs. Kodak sells their color cartridge for $15 and the black for $10. The reviews I've read seem to be quite favorable.
tleonhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2007, 9:40 PM   #3

romeroom wrote:
Quote:
I'm suddenly in need of purchasing a new inkjet printer (in the next couple days or so). I woud appreciate your advice.

Here are some guidelines to use in making recommendation:

1. Price range: $90 - $130
2. Multifunction: Scanner, Printer, Copier (No fax needed). Good for photo printing.
3. Brand: HP or Canon...(I'd like to stay away from Epson--I've been a loyal Epson fan for over 5 years, but have been burned many times.)
4. Places to shop: Best Buy, Circuit City, Office Depot, Office Max.

Your prompt response is very much appreciated.
No, not yet, those Kodaks need to be around much longer before the jury can come back on them. The Canon's have faired the highest in the ratings and tests over the last 5-6 years than any other printer manufacturer, over the same period of time. The Canon has a 26ml black, that I get almost 1200 sheets of text with! And the Canon has a built in duplexor for two sided, automatic printing. I would look at the new MP610 which just came out!

And Canon has had individual ink tanks for over 12 years NOW. Canon had this idea first and has lead the way to giving you more ink/printing for your money that the others.

iSAPS Guy is offline   Reply With Quote