Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 13, 2003, 10:37 PM   #1

Default Need help with my i850 (I just got one)

Ok,

1) I just got a i850 from costco (in Canada) for 189$. 2 weeks ago it was 219$.

2) The camera that i'm using is a olympus c-3000 3.1 meg. The picture are EXCELLENT!!!!

3) I did plug and install all the printer with a head alignemet like the manual ask us to do it.

4) Int the box, they give 5 Photo Paper Pro 4X6 . So I decided to try one to see. For my first photo, I had to adjust the type of paper, size of paper....and don't ask me how but I did put 8 1/2X11 paper instead of 4X6 BIGGGG TROUBLE...... So When I saw the first picture, it was half of is. That mean that the head of the printer did print in NOTHING. Could this cause problem for the head?

5) I was very desapointed with the result of the first photo because the coulor was fade and If you take a look closer I was able to see some line (like if the head was pushing to much on the paper). I hope that those line is not the result of my mistake

6) Ok now for my second picture. It was nice but a little bit fade

7) My 3 others photos was ok but again with a few line on each and the color was no identique to the original photo (only if you take a look closer and if you move the picture to see the reflex...)

8) Now I'm looking at the picture and they are ok but compare to the original picture that I can see with my monitor, they are fade. Is it normal, I mean this printer is not a printer from a photolab. Also should I try other paper? Or again should I do some setting. Is the line with desaper?

Sorry to ask all those question but according to all your review and comment, the i850 was almost identique to a nice picture from a photolab.

I hope to get some help :?

THANKS
maximebeauvais is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links