Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 9, 2007, 4:31 PM   #1

This is my first post, and I'm pretty new to this forum business, so please excuse me if I make a few mistakes. Just recently my R210 started playing up. When I try to print an image of A4 size or very close to it, the printed page shows the bottom right hand corner of the image printed in the top left hand corner of the page. In other words, about 60mm (2 1/2 inches) has been cut from left hand side and top side of image. Sounds confusing, doesn't it. This started after I put in a new black cartridge. I fiddled with the cartridge, and finally replaced that one with another new one, and it worked OK. Now it has started the same thing again and I'm certainly not going to put in any more new cartridges. Can anyone out there help me??? I've just put on Photoshop CS3, which has an entirely different print preview window. I wonder if that might be causing problems. I did try to download a later driver for the printer, but got into more trouble than Flash Gordon.(am I giving my age away). Help, please.
Norm from Caboolture, Queensland, Australia.
mudguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2007, 7:32 PM   #2

You're right, Norm, it does sound confusing.

I don't think PS CS3 would have anything to do with it, though — it will still invoke the regular printer driver in the same way everything else does.

That it came good for a while with a new cartridge suggests that it might be a bad cartridge chip contact, though why this should cause printing in the manner you describe escapes me.

If you take the cartridge out and look carefully down the front of the carriage you'll see the small springs that make contact with the chip.

Find a suitable tool (a piece of fine sandpaper or similar perhaps) and very carefully clean them (bend one and you can pretty much toss the printer— it's next to impossible to straighten them again.)

Post again if this doesn't help — perhaps also post a scan of the faulty output.

And yes, I remember Flash Gordon — one of my schoolday heroes after Ned Kelly...
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote