Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 12, 2007, 7:31 AM   #1

When I print out, the type on about every fourth line is distorted and sloping, wavy. I've been to 'Utilities' and used the Nozzle Check, Head Cleaninig and Print Head Alignment facilities, to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas,please?
canalhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2007, 4:20 AM   #2

All I can suggest is using a better quality (slower) print output.

It's been in some Epson print drivers for years and so far as I know they've never fixed it.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2007, 5:30 AM   #3

Thanks for that. We had come to the same conclusion! I was just hoping there might be a quick fix. Would itbe anything to do with using cheaper ink cartridges I get off the internet, rather then the proper Epson brand? I presume that using a better quality print setting will use more ink?

It's not done it all the time: we've had the Epson for years, and it's been only doing it for the last few months. Maybe it's just getting old! I know the feeling.................
canalhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 6:24 AM   #4

It could be that the belt is stretching a bit — you might try cleaning the guide rail and applying a little silicon lube to it so that you lighten its load as much as you can.

I recall both my original Epson Color — now finally defunct after a decade and a half — and the 1998 model Color 900 now relegated to the workshop both doing that from new, as also does my current R310 if run in high-speed mode.

All only do it in plain text mode, which is why I suspect it to be a driver thing.

It matters not whose carts you use, and I can't see nozzle wear having anything to do with it either.

You probably will use a bit more ink with a slower (better quality) setting, but not a lot more — too much ink causes wicking and ruins the print.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote