Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 21, 2002, 1:00 PM   #1
joe

Default Photo Paper for the S9000

I'm real new to the digital camera - inkjet photo printer game. I found this site last year and when I need some expert guidance I always look here first. I tried searching and probably didn't do it correctly as I found nothing under inkjet photo paper. I've got the DiMage 7 and I think I've learned how to take decent pictures with it. I purchased the S9000 and I am very impressed with the few photosí I've processed so far. I've only used Canon's Photo Paper Pro. I know if you normally purchase cheap items you get less than desired performance. Does this also hold true with photo paper? I can purchase Office Max photo paper on sale for less than half price of the Canon or Epson photo paper of the same size. My question is: will the office max photo paper give me the same appearance as the Canon and will it hold its color as well over the years or should I continue with Canon paper for the pictures I want to keep and just use Office Max and other like photo paper for give away type photos? I would sure appreciate any assistance on this topic, as it appears right now that the cost of excellent photo paper from Canon & Epson will cause me to add a lot of water to the soup before to long or else Iíll have to insist that my spouse be more selective on which grandkidís digital photos she wants printed. You grandpas know how well that will go over!

Joe
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2002, 9:51 AM   #2
BRJ

Have never used any Office Max but from wehat I understand, it just doesn't cut it with the S9000. If you're looking for a cheaper alternative to PPP try the Office Depot Premium Glossy. I rank it very high on my scale. It varies in price but I have gotten it for as low as $25 per 100. Another good alternative is Epson Heavyweight Matte. Best prices are normally at http://www.atlex.com.
BRJ is offline   Reply With Quote