Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 21, 2007, 9:12 AM   #1

Using the original cartridges that come with the machine ( IP3300 )

1. What is the best glue to use to "weld" the elbows needed to the cartridges?

2. I set up 3 machines ... one of them the black cartridge is not working. After priming, ink is full in the cartridge but no black ink going through the print head when I do a deep cycle cleaning. I can see this because there is a tiny air bubble in the line that never moves. It just won't print black ink ..... what could be wrong ?

3. When sealing up a new cartridge ... there is a air hole above the C M or Y which I fill with glue. I also fill the hole with a ball in it ... I think this is the original fill hole? Is this step necessary? I then drill a hole for the elbow .... empty the ink out of the tank and glue in a elbow fitting. I am getting to much air in some of the lines, and I think it is caused by the glue I have used to try and seal off the holes in the cartridge and "weld" in the elbow joint. I used Duco Cement ... which reads, great on china, glass, plastic, wood, metal and crafts. What GLUE and procedures do you guys/girls use to do the same as I ???

Thanks

Wayne

xeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 21, 2007, 7:58 PM   #2

xeroid wrote:
Quote:
Using the original cartridges that come with the machine ( IP3300 )

1. What is the best glue to use to "weld" the elbows needed to the cartridges?

Hot melt is probably the best, I think.

2. I set up 3 machines ... one of them the black cartridge is not working. After priming, ink is full in the cartridge but no black ink going through the print head when I do a deep cycle cleaning. I can see this because there is a tiny air bubble in the line that never moves. It just won't print black ink ..... what could be wrong ?

First establish that the ink is in fact able to be drawn through — use a syringe to pull some through and get rid of the air bubble.

If this is OK then look at the seal between cartridge and head — some Canon printers are quite difficult to seal at this point and if air is getting in here the ink won't feed.

3. When sealing up a new cartridge ... there is a air hole above the C M or Y which I fill with glue. I also fill the hole with a ball in it ... I think this is the original fill hole? Is this step necessary? I then drill a hole for the elbow .... empty the ink out of the tank and glue in a elbow fitting. I am getting to much air in some of the lines, and I think it is caused by the glue I have used to try and seal off the holes in the cartridge and "weld" in the elbow joint. I used Duco Cement ... which reads, great on china, glass, plastic, wood, metal and crafts. What GLUE and procedures do you guys/girls use to do the same as I ???

In a CIS system the cartridge is merely an extension of the supply tube — the sole point at which air should (and must) enter is the supply bottle.

If you think air even might get in anywhere else, seal it! Reliable operation depends upon maintaining a solid column of fluid from bottle to head.

For the best glue, see (1) — seals well on almost anything.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote