Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 28, 2007, 12:01 AM   #1

Ok I bought the pro9000 printer after reading reviews and see that everyone give the print times and such using the 11x14 size as an example, I bought it based on 11x14 but I do not see any such size in the dirvers. I want to print this size borderless. So my question is what setting is used to get 11x14
thank you!!
Kevin
zoomdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 28, 2007, 8:11 AM   #2

The Canon info for the printer says:

Photo lab quality 11" x 14" color photo in approximately 1 minute 23 seconds on 13" x 19" paper.

Looks like there is no direct printing on 11x14 paper.
jrhoffman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2007, 4:39 PM   #3

You are right.. thanks for your reply.. I think I will send it back and go with r1800.. I will say this canon output is very good.. But I really want to do mor 11 x 14 than 13 x 19..
Thanks

Old Sep 1, 2007, 11:09 PM   #4

There is a custom setting that allows you to set any size that you want and print borderless on it.

Canon has been stubborn to add certain sizes like 8x10 and 11x14 to the list. Also would be nice if we had the ability to add sizes and have them stay there and then export them as well to migrate easier.
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:20 AM   #5

You can use the custom settings but not for borderless. It will not do 11x14 borderless. I called canon and was disappointed to learn that it had these limitations. I did however get the Epson R1800 and it does a very nice job as well..
Old Sep 19, 2007, 9:49 PM   #6

zoomdaddy wrote:
Quote:
You can use the custom settings but not for borderless. It will not do 11x14 borderless. I called canon and was disappointed to learn that it had these limitations. I did however get the Epson R1800 and it does a very nice job as well..
OMG< REALLY? I would not have based my whole decision and returned a clearly better overall printer just for one size boarderless. BTW, the Canon now does 8"x10" borderless. The ink droplet size, along with the FINE printhead and it's removeable (unlike Epson), and having an overall higher resoluion of 4800x2400, I can't believe you took the Canon back. MAN!
iSAPS Guy is offline   Reply With Quote