Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 7, 2007, 7:53 AM   #1

Have an IP3000 that seems to have a banding problem in both BW and Color. Running Media Street Pigmented Black and their individual colors.

When I run a "nozzle check" I get some faint lines through the black and some through Cyan.

Several weeks ago, I took the entire printer apart, cleaned the waste pads, squeegee and rollers. Also cleaned with alcohol the clear wheel on the left side which has some sort of sensor and the clear band across the width. Used some Singer Machine oil (good for plastic) on the gears. Cleaned the head throughly with ammonia dilute warm left overnight. Ran several test sheets to clear the head of ammonia/distilled water and it printed perfectly. Prior had some clogged nozzles.

Had success for a few weeks but printer really isn't used all that much.

Now have banding in the nozzle check and when I print a full sheet of color and black strips get full out banding.

Any ideas?

stim141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 4, 2007, 3:16 AM   #2

I used to replace the head and thought that the filament burnt. Lately, I am able to savage the print head by blowing compressed air through.

I did not have the black, and blue is bleeding through. At first I thought the black path must be choked, I blew on the black from the sponge end.

Same problem, out of desperation, I blew on the blue and red, and all color came back.

I was using the refillable compressed air, brand refill, this does not as high pressure as the on-time can. So I am not sure will the one-time can rupture the internal path, so take note.

Ling SM

happy123_mx is offline   Reply With Quote