Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 24, 2003, 1:07 AM   #1

Default epson 2200 problem

We just installed a new epson 2200 with external print server last week. Printed a couple of test images with great results. Now a week later, all the ink lights are lit (indicating that it is out of ink) and I can't get it to do anything. I am afraid that the printer was left on for the whole week. Can this dry up the inks that fast? Or could there be some other problem?
Bradk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 24, 2003, 9:45 PM   #2

Hmm interesting. I suggest restarting the printer and hooking it directly to the computer. If that doesn't work call up Epson and ask them whats the deal. Because something that may have triggered the printhead cleaning cycle to go again and agian may have happened which would be a first.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2003, 6:57 PM   #3

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try it.
One thing that I did find out is that I did not have Status Monitor 3 installed. It did not come with the printer or print server, but was available on the epson site.

I guess I will have to bite the bullet and try new cartridges, although I can't imagine how they could be out with only two prints. Maybe someone is sneaking in overnight and printing ;-)
Bradk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2003, 8:46 PM   #4

The status monitor came on my sw cd with the printer, but there are newer versions of the print driver and status monitor on the epson site.

I managed to print about 15 - 13*19 (super b) images before I ran out of light magenta and light black. Several of the images were B&W and that seems to really eat into the light black.

Not sure what the all leds flashing error means, you might try contacting epson, at least the printer should still be under warantie.

You might first try simply removing and reinstalling every cart.
Then in windows open the printer (not the printserver) and go to properties-> select Printing Preferences button-> select maintenance tab

This page has a pile of tests and maintenance tasks including one called status monitor. Selecting this one shows all the carts, how much ink is in each and a window with the current status message for the printer.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote