Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 24, 2003, 9:37 PM   #1

Default Epson 1280 - Black Spots

I have installed new ink cart. in my 1280. When I print I get 3 black spots on the leading edge of the paper, on the left side as it comes out of the printer. The only are on the edge and barely onto the surface of the paper. Has anyone else experienced this, or does anyone know how to clean this area to stop the spotting?
Bob H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 25, 2003, 12:01 PM   #2

I have an Epson 1270 which is the predecessor to your printer. They are nearly identical. Anyway, I have observed the same problem, especially when printing on 11x17 glossy paper. I think I found the problem. If you raise the cover and look at the right end, you will see some felt pads which are used in the cleaning process. I have noticed that those pads can get really saturated with ink. I have not seen anything about replacing them nor do I know if replacements are even available. What I did was take some Kleenex tissue (you might want to wear some latex gloves for this) and wad it up and press down on the pads to absorb the excess ink. You may need to do this several times. Black is the only color I've had trouble with. The excess ink on the pad apparently gets on the bottom of the print head and is then transferred to the paper. After blotting the excess ink, my streaking problem cleared up.

You might check with your local dealer or authorized Epson repair facility to see if the pads can be replaced.
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2003, 6:22 PM   #3

Thank you!!! This also helped me out>
tealblue is offline   Reply With Quote