Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 16, 2007, 8:31 PM   #1

hi ive got a epson r360 and i want to now is there a way to reset the counter like the r300 + how to modify the waste system ive done it on the r300 trought the trap door but on the r360 no trap door so can any one help thanks
darrennevett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 22, 2007, 6:12 AM   #2

I found this on another site but should come in handy for the ink waste system on the Epson R360.

There is no panel on the back like the R300, but no good anyway as the pipe is located on the right hand side.
Remove the right hand side panel (if looking from the front of the printer)
There is one screw only at the back.
Use a flat blade screwdriver to prise it off or push the side panel backwards with a sharp push.
You will see the tube connected to the large waste pad container.
Remove this and pull out of the printer. Try and get it near the back of the printer to give more free pipe.
I drilled a hole in the side panel and fed the pipe through it and refitted the side panel.
Waste ink is now flowing into a small food container with a hole punched in the side.
Really is a doddle to do.

Unfortunately haven't found howto reset the factory service program yet but will keep looking through google

Hope this helps
marcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2008, 5:31 PM   #3

marcb wrote:
Quote:
I found this on another site but should come in handy for the ink waste system on the Epson R360.

There is no panel on the back like the R300, but no good anyway as the pipe is located on the right hand side.
Remove the right hand side panel (if looking from the front of the printer)
There is one screw only at the back.
Use a flat blade screwdriver to prise it off or push the side panel backwards with a sharp push.
You will see the tube connected to the large waste pad container.
Remove this and pull out of the printer. Try and get it near the back of the printer to give more free pipe.
I drilled a hole in the side panel and fed the pipe through it and refitted the side panel.
Waste ink is now flowing into a small food container with a hole punched in the side.
Really is a doddle to do.

Unfortunately haven't found howto reset the factory service program yet but will keep looking through google

Hope this helps i have the reset tool for the epson r360 and more for £5 email me on teresa_brookes_2003@yahoo.com if you would like it
jacklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2008, 7:21 AM   #4

Instructions (and some images) for modifying the R360 are available via this link:

http://www.continuousink.info/forum/...pic.php?t=4098

... as to the resetter.. I think Jack Lee messed up his quote syntax and is offering a resetter. Just to note this isn't a commercial forum and Steve has a rule regarding sales posts so you might want to remove that.

I've found that the resetter is available on ebay though or through other sites like 2manuals.com
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2009, 12:52 PM   #5

Default Restting Software

I have paid for these and they work.

entangled+@+bigstring+.com (remove +'s) - Email me your paypal
$5.00 - XP and previous (no Vista)
resetters available for: R270, R265, R340, R360

if it helps anyone
MrPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2009, 5:53 AM   #6

I would recommend you contact an authorised Epson Service Centre.

You might want to read http://www.epson.com.au/epsonprint/index.asp#Printer

Epson said:
Quote:
The printer control panel on the printer will advise you when a part needs replacing. In most cases the first time this occurs will be when the ink pads need replacing.

(...)

Eventually these pads reach a pre-set limit of ink received and need to be replaced.

When this point is reached for safety and quality reasons the printer parks the print head in the ‘off’ position to ensure it is protected to minimise the possibility of the ink in the nozzles drying out.

Again, for safety and quality reasons, the printer will not operate until the ink pads have been replaced and the ink pad counter re-set.

Epson recommends that only an authorised Epson Service Centre replace the ink pads and re-set the counter. Your printer has not been designed to allow a user to undertake this maintenance.