Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 26, 2003, 10:11 AM   #1

Default epson 925

I have a problem printing photo's. I have a green tint printing where there should be white or a shadow, for example in the smile or on an arm. This has happened before, where I print photos they come out good, try to print a second set and at times I get the green tint. Seems to keep doing this till I replace cartridge. Problem is cartridge is half or more than half full. This is the third time and I don't want to waste another cartridge. Epson has the worst tech support ever. No toll free numbers where you speak to someone. Have just tried to print the same picture on the same paper and got the tint. I know if I replace cartridge it will be ok. Can these be returned to the store? Help
sdaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 26, 2003, 10:07 PM   #2
djb

i have an epson 925 and wish i could help you but i've never had that problem with mine. have you tried cleaning and adjusting your print head?

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2003, 8:15 AM   #3

I did clean again last night, 3 times and finally color returned to normal and green is gone. Now I am having problems printing. Gets 1/4 of the way done and error message appears saying something to the effect of Cannot print to USB. So I have shut down and restarted and unplugged from USB, but still having errors, the last page was a page of 4 - 3x5 photos. I got one complete picture and 2 portions of the other pictures with nothing in the middle. Very odd. I have had the printer for over 6 months now and this is the first time I have not been able to correct the printing to USB issue. The green crops up now and then and I guess the answer is multiple cleaning, not just once. My computer is 3 years old and I wonder if that is where the USB issue comes from. As for the quality of prints - these are by far the best I have seen. Just wasting to much ink and paper.
Old Aug 27, 2003, 11:50 AM   #4

I've had some problems with my 1290 that are similar to yours..

uninstall the epson software and re-install it after that..
LCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2003, 2:56 AM   #5

Are you using a mac or PC. I had heard a couple of people complain about a certain epson printer the 890 where it would print up to 3 photos but anymore would hang on the 4th or something like that. I never documented the errors although I probably should have.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2003, 8:25 AM   #6

I am using a pc, windows 95 - 3 years old. Not a good computer, but in its defense I used to have an HP printer and these types of errors didn't occur. I don't understand the print starting and getting part of the way through and the error message, cannot write to usb port???? Or printing 4 - 3X5's and only getting 3. The green tint seems to be a cleaning issue, but 6 or 7 cleanings is a big ink waste.
Old Aug 30, 2003, 3:35 PM   #7

If you are using windows 95 thats prolly your issue right there because in fact the Epson 925 was designed to only work on windows 98 or above. It should have said that on the box even.

HP printer drivers are built a little differently not to mention HP printers don't use the same dpi and drop size changing technology. This being is one of Epson's reasons for doing exceptional prints but a downside to it is the files when printed are exceptionally larger as thier is far more data to compute thus it is far more CPU instensive.

So in saying the HP printers can go on very slow machines all the way up to the higher end machines. The Epson printers with all the extra technology requires far more CPU thus will have issues with slower machines.

Also consider using a paper towel and some windex to clean your epson printhead.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2003, 8:11 AM   #8

OK SORRY I AM WINDOWS 98--DON'T KNOW WHAT MADE ME TYPE 95. NOW IT HAS BEEN WORKING, AND I AM DONE PRINTING THE PICTURES. NOW I HAVEN'T PRINTED IN ABOUT 3 DAYS (MINI VACA) AND I NOW HAVE 1ST DAY OF SCHOOL PICTURES I WILL TRY TO PRINT OVER THE WEEKEND. IF IT GIVES ME TROUBLE THEN I WILL HAVE TO ATTRIBUTE IT TO NOT WORKING ON A DAILY BASIS???
Old Sep 6, 2003, 10:14 AM   #9

OK tried to print the photos and got the error message, cannot print to usb port. This is after it starts and I get a small portion of image, (waste of paper) So I have restarted printer and computer and still getting message. Next I will unplug printer from wall and USB and then restart all and try again. I wonder if I need a new computer? If so any ideas of what should be important in a computer for photo storage and printing? My epson in work never fails and its on a one year old Gateway, not sure of all the spec. but its Windows ME and pretty fast compared to my Emachine 3 yrs old Win 98. I use the computer mainly for photo's with the exception of my son going to sites like cartoon.com ect....
any help before I buy would be appreciated.