Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Nov 14, 2007, 3:17 PM   #1

I recently started using my epson r300 again but am having problems whilst trying to print either photos or cd's. It prints about a 1/3 of the picture then spits it out and starts printing binary code on numerous things unless I unplug it and delete all the print jobs, it'll do a few like that then a couple properly then start screwing up againdocument.write('[img]/forums/images/emoticons/bash.gif[/img]');[img]images/emoticons/bash.gif[/img]
I have done the ssc reset trick.
Does anyone have any ideas about what causes it or how to fix it? It's driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks
Madjas
madjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 14, 2007, 5:57 PM   #2

1: Completely remove the driver software and re-install (get the latest from the Epson website.)

2: Make sure the printer cable isn't damaged and is making good contact at both ends.

3: Check for a corroded or loose connection somewhere in the printer (yes, I know this isn't easy, but if the printer's been standing idle for some time, corrosion often sets in.)

Unfortunately, my feeling is that (3 is the most likely to produce a result — it looks likely that the print engine is having trouble converting the data.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote