Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:19 AM   #1

Hi All 1st post so hope someone can help... just started using ciss on my r300 printerand after a short while 3 of the 6 inks have stopped printing . No matter how many head cleans / test prints no joy .. Ink seems to be flowingas i've removed to rubber tubing that feeds into the top of the cart 's( and now have multi coloured hands for that smart move!!!! ) . maybe i've got a blockage or 2 ?? :?Any ideas welcomed . Thanks
spaarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2007, 6:36 PM   #2

Did you put the air filters in the tank refill holes?

If you leave the transport seals in, printing will stop when enough vacuum builds up.

If this isn't the problem. remove the carts and re-prime them (pull ink through with a hypodermic inserted into the ink outlet — without needle, of course...)

As you've found out, taking the tubes off the top fittings is a bad thing — make sure they sealed properly when you replaced them.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 5:25 PM   #3

Hi Idle air filters are correctly fitted tried syringe but all thats happening is each time i draw the vaccum justpulls it back ...Not getting any ink into the syringe ..A couple of the carts its flowing no problem ... is it a case of just keep trying ? i'm seriously thinking of binning it and goin back normal carts !!!. Thanks in advance ......
Old Dec 4, 2007, 5:25 PM   #4

Hi Idle air filters are correctly fitted tried syringe but all thats happening is each time i draw the vaccum justpulls it back ...Not getting any ink into the syringe ..A couple of the carts its flowing no problem ... is it a case of just keep trying ? i'm seriously thinking of binning it and goin back normal carts !!!. Thanks in advance ......
Old Dec 4, 2007, 6:47 PM   #5

If it's dragging the plunger back when you you pull vacuum, then either the ink isn't flowing at all and you need to find the obstruction, or you're not pushing the syringe in far enough to lift the valve (the carts have a spring-loaded valve that's lifted by the ink feed spike when the cart is installed and closes automatically when it's removed from the printer — if you just pull against the closed valve you'll get the same effect.)

Pushing the nozzle in far enough requires quite a shove — the "O" rings are usually a tight fit.

If the CISS came pre-filled, as most of them do, then it obviously was working when the thing was filled.

Try removing the air filters from the offending tanks in case they're faulty (you did put them right way up? some have a non-return valve in them), also look carefully for kinks in the ink lines — they can buckle like a garden hose does if bent too sharply.

Otherwise, just look carefully for what's stopping the flow — something must be causing the problem, and these things are not rocket science.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote