Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 17, 2007, 1:24 PM   #1

I'm going to bebuying an Epson Stylus R2400. I'm told that to get the most of this it would be advantageous to have proper ICC profiles for the particular paper that I'm using. I don't know an aweful lot about ICC profiles. Can anyone suggest a site where I can get information on profiles, how to use them, etc.

Thanks

Creditgrantingman
creditman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 18, 2007, 2:10 PM   #2

if you buy kodak paper it comes with a sheet of optimum settings for the printer you are using, their lab tech have tested most printers with their papers

you need to use proper paper, not cheap stuff, and proper inks, not refills to get best results

this pushes up the cost of home printing to more than good online printshops unfortunatly, thats why i dont print my own no more

hope that helps

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2007, 11:53 PM   #3

ICC profiles a, basically, tables which tell the print driver how to adjust ink delivery to get correct color and brightness for a particular paper. The profiles are specific to both the paper and printer - a paper profile for premium glossy which is created for use with R1800 would not work for the same paper on the R2400.

Your Epson 2400 will have an installation CD. The driver will have profiles for most of the recommended Epson papers. You can also find ICC profiles for other papers on the Epson website. If you use paper from other MFRs, you will have to get the profiles from them.

Using the profiles is simply selecting the appropriate paper in either the printer driver OR the printing application. If you have the printer manage colors, use the selection in the printer driver, if your printing application (photoshop or other), manages colors, you make your selection there.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2008, 10:42 PM   #4

You can take a look at a new and simple tool to create your own ICC profile using a scanner, called PerfX Prints™ at http://www.perfxprints.com

Hope this help!

ICC_Color
ICC_Color is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2008, 9:12 PM   #5

This is a great intro to using profiles

http://www.drycreekphoto.com/Learn/profiles.htm

Pax
paxx is offline   Reply With Quote