Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 30, 2007, 6:23 AM   #1

Hi Everyone,

I have a new Canon IP5300 which has stopped printing. The error messages says that there have been ink tank errors and the tanks with their lights out should be replaced.

Both the PGBK and Y tank lights are out but both are still nearly full of ink. The yellow alarm light is flashing 15 times.

The tanks have not been refilled.

I am running XP sp2 and using a usb connection.

I cannot return the machine as I have misplaced the docket :sad:Canon's phonejockys were of no help at all and the manual only says to replace the tanks.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

jim6149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 7, 2008, 7:44 PM   #2

When cartridges move to centre position after lid is opened, remove and replace each cartridge. The chip light should flash as each cartridge is installed, those that do not flash have dead chips and need to be replaced - Canon should replace those even if you do not have warranty papers as it would be obvious that they have not been refilled. If all the cartridges flash when reinstalled, you have to replace them one by one until the orange light no longer flashes, sometimes the chip will illuminate but still be faulty - so much for advice from Canon to replace the cartridge with the light out - these Canon chips cangive all kinds of weird messages and different kinds of light flashes but sometimes the only way to troubleshoot the faulty cartridge is to replace themone by one. The chipped cartridges really suck because of these problems.
laikanuki is offline   Reply With Quote