Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 30, 2007, 11:04 AM   #1

I have an IP3300 and I'm having some problems...
It started with the blue and magenta inks cross contaminating in to the yellow ink after about 5 days of non-use.
I contacted Canon (still under warranty) and was told to clean the print head using isopropyl alcohol, and if possible blow out the jets with compressed air (That last bit I did not do as I don't have any canned air at the moment.)

After the cleaning, I had problems with the cyan cart that was streaking, unlike before the cleaning.
I tried cleaning again and looked at the nozzles under a microscope (interesting stuff) and noticed air bubbles in the ink line.
I think this might be the problem, but I'm at a loss as to how to get them out. I've tried several regular cleaning cycles, a deep clean, and printing blocks of cyan... It doesn't look like the cartridge has an ink feed problem. (I tried a different cart.)

Should I just get a replacement print head from Canon while it's still under warranty or is there something someone can suggest to help me revive it?

Thanks!
VintagePC

VintagePC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 3, 2008, 7:01 AM   #2

Nobody? Wow, I'd have thought somene would have had experience with this sort of thing...

Old Jan 4, 2008, 4:35 PM   #3

Well, things seem to be on the upswing, after the following steps, every print seems to get better, the streaking has faded to almost nothing.
I flushed the entire head with isopropyl alcohol until no colour came out anymore. Then, I used a syringe on the cartridge ink ports in the head to gently vacuum out as much alcohol as I could. I let it sit for a bit to allow the rest of the alcohol to evaporate.

.. Hope this helps someone else fix it...