Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 14, 2003, 4:03 AM   #1

Default i9100 waste ink tank

I just got an i9100 and absolutely love it!!! I have heard about a waste ink tank that requires factory service from Canon when it becomes full. Does anyone know where this tank is located in the printer? Is it user serviceable/replaceable if and when the warning appears? How much head cleaning must be done before it fills up? Also, I have noticed a white foam square on the far left side that collects some ink. Is this the waste tank? If not, and I don't think it is, then what purpose does this serve? It appears to be some sort of automatic head cleaning/purging area since it has ink on it and I have not run any cleaning cycles yet. Thanks in advance from a former Epson user who is now sold on Canon 8)
timefrzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 14, 2003, 9:32 AM   #2

This white square is what does the head cleaning while the printhead ejects ink. Even though you have not specifically started a head cleaning session, if you notice that some times after a print session the printer will be turning the advance wheels and the printhead shuffeling back and forth. The printer is running its own head cleaning routine.

From what I understand, unless you are going through lots of ink because of printing, it will be some time before the waster tank actually needs filled. From looking at my i9100, I do not believe that the waste tank is user replaceable.
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2003, 2:09 PM   #3

The waste ink tank is not user replaceable....That sponge you see on the far right does what dcrawley says....and that leads to a much larger sponge like material at the bottom of the printer and that takes a while before its saturated.
2spyc is offline   Reply With Quote