Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 16, 2003, 11:07 AM   #1

Default Photo Prints different than the Jpeg??

Hi All,
I have a D100 and am printing using a Cannon 9100.

Taking a picture with a flash (Std Jpeg mode), the Jpeg image of the dog looks different than the printed image. The printed picture looks a lot brighter (looks as though a flash was used) than the JPeg image shown in Photoshop.

Which is the correct picture? How do I make changes so that the image that the picture takes is identical to the image that I print?

Thanks
ER

[/img]
eriseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2003, 11:21 AM   #2

Default Re: Photo Prints different than the Jpeg??

This is a bit of a tough thing to explain. Neither is the "correct" picture. Each is a representation of the data in the image file. The monitor is interpeting that data one way and the printer is interpreting it another.

The real issue is why the difference. This is where it gets sticky.

First, have you calibrated your monitor? If not give it a try. That could end your problem right there. (My gut reaction is that this is the root of your problem, but that is not necessarily so.)

Hopefully, the picture on your monitor will more nearly resemble the output of your printer.

If that doesn't do the trick, post another message telling us what you are seeing and we'll try to help resolve your problem...

I hope this helps.
<TED>

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriseman
Hi All,
I have a D100 and am printing using a Cannon 9100.

Taking a picture with a flash (Std Jpeg mode), the Jpeg image of the dog looks different than the printed image. The printed picture looks a lot brighter (looks as though a flash was used) than the JPeg image shown in Photoshop.

Which is the correct picture? How do I make changes so that the image that the picture takes is identical to the image that I print?

Thanks
ER

[/img]
tedj101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2003, 11:37 AM   #3

which pic looks like the dog?
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote