Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:37 AM   #1

Hi all. I haven't posted in a while but I wanted to mention a current deal that I took advantage of (and you can too).

In the past, I haven't printed my own photos because of the high cost of inks and good photo paper. Not to mention I haven't been overly impressed with prints I've seen that came from ink jet printers. Well I think some things have changed.

I was in the market for a new printer mostly for text and possibly scans. I read a few good reviews on the Epson RX595 "all-in-one" printer. It copies, scans, and prints. Staples and a few otherplaces sell the RX595 for around $150. I found it at Buy.com for $90 with free shipping. Now for the best part....Epson is currently offering a $70 rebate on it if it is purchased at the same time with any computer or digital camera. Well guess what...Buy.com also sells a $10 digital camera! It's basically a toy, but it qualifies the rebate. I spent $100 and I'm getting $70 of that back. So I got the toy camera and the Epson RX595 (with 6 ink cartridges)all for only $30.:G

I just got it the other day and I decided to try printingtwo photos from my Pentax K100D DSLR just to see if printers have gotten any better. All I can say is WOW!!!! The two photos I printed look absolutley beautiful. They look better than the prints I normally get back from the on-line service I've used before. This is not a $2000 professional printer, but I really couldn't be happier with it. Plus it's a color copier and scanner too! Just thought I'd share in case anyone else wants to take advantage of the deal. Check it out:

http://www.buy.com/prod/epson-stylus...205106698.html

gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links