Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 31, 2008, 5:50 AM   #1

I am sure I have seen CISS offering this in the past. I got this because it was the cheapest DVD printing printer at the time.

Now I need a CISS for it and I want to go for pigments, but the places I have asked say that it doesnt support pigment inks. I have seen bulk pigment ink being sold for it, so am wondering what the situation is.

If I get a pre-filled ciss with pigment made for one of the other 6 cartridge ones, I am guessing that it wont work in the R230, and I am not sure now that I really want to risk changing from dye based to pigment based on it since the dvd printing capabilities are the main use of it.

Anyone made the change over on a R230 (or 220 for that matter) and had it go smoothly, what CISS did you end up with?
richms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 11, 2008, 12:43 AM   #2

as long as you use reputable & decent pigment ink, you will have no problem.

Both InkRepublic and InkSupply are selling good pigment ink for prof, and they have pigment-based CIS for r200, r220 too.

http://www.inkrepublic.com/ProductDetail.asp?item=R200
williamlymperis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2008, 4:45 AM   #3

This has been discussed many times in the past...

As a rule the printer isn't designed for such ink and the nozzles will clog more readily as a result.

If you do opt for pigment ink you'll need to printer on an almost daily basis to reduce the risk of clogging. In a lot of ways you'd be better off buying a pigment based printer like the C88 or similar and using that instead...

Re: inkrepublic... they may have a special formulation but I would expect the same issues as the printer simply isn't designed for such inks.
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote