Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 23, 2003, 3:28 PM   #1

Default Canon S820 inks

Hi all, I've got a Canon S820 printer and a Canon 10D camera.
I love the printer, but recently I discovered it not printing photo blue too well. I tried everthing I could to get it to work - but I ended up buying an Epson 925 - which I hated and took back (Canon rules)..

So, I called Cannon and they are sending me a new Print head (which you can't really buy unless you want to spend $80!)..

My question is, if anyone else out there owns the S820 or S900 - or another Canon, which inks do you buy?
I know Canon inks are prefered, but I can't spend $12 per container of ink - that's MAD!

I would rather have my pictures printed by Snapfish or someone if I was going to pay that..

I have been using generic inks from lasertekservices.com but I'm pretty confidient that's what clogged and finally ruined my print head..
Anyone got a good source for cheap GOOD inks?
rharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 9, 2003, 12:13 PM   #2

Default Staples

Staples have an offer if you buy 2 at a time the cost is $10.75. Why is $12 a cart insane? The S820 is very ink stingy and the cartridges do last a long time. For some reason third party ink just don't seem to cut it, to many horror stories for me. If itís something you want the best results then buy the best paper and inks cause nothing is more expensive than wasting costly special paper when using cheep inks. Steve wrote the Black,Magenta,Yellow & Photo Cyan will run out first since these are the most used.
PhotoMenace is offline   Reply With Quote