Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 5, 2008, 8:02 PM   #1

Regular contributor Websnail pointed me to this site, but thought its connection with a commercial operation might have it regarded as spam if posted here.

I think its value to inkjet users far outweighs any such consideration — besides, it also refers its users to us...

http://www.continuousink.info/forum/viewforum.php?f=33

Note I've no connection whatsoever to any item advertised on the site — so far as I know I don't possess any of them.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 7, 2008, 11:50 PM   #2

Hello Idle

Yep that is Websnails place he helps out on these forums like you do.

I try to check in on his forum every day for the latest news.
Ron350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 2:37 AM   #3

Idle wrote:
Quote:
Note I've no connection whatsoever to any item advertised on the site — so far as I know I don't possess any of them.
I'd forgotten about the adsense stuff on there...

Just to note, if anyone in the UK is looking at converting one of the newer printers or in fact, any of the printers that aren't already listed on the link (see top post) then please let me know.

I'm quite happy to manage the conversion for you and then send the printer back modified in return for being able to document the process and share it.

Needless to say this really is only going to be of any use to anyone in the UK who's ok with shipping their printer to me in the first place.
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2008, 7:24 AM   #4

Just to note that there's quite a few new guides up with all available via the continuousink site.

So, to give a comprehensive list of what you can find available:

Epson
  • Photo 1390 / 1400[/*]
  • R800 / R1800 / R1900 / R2400[/*]
  • C84 / C86 / C88 / D88 / C64 / etc...[/*]
  • CX3200[/*]
  • CX6600[/*]
  • RX420 / 425 / 430[/*]
  • R200 -> R390[/*]
... and even a discussion on the suitability of external waste ink tanks for Canon Pixma's.

Unfortunately the resource for the 2100 / 2200 has disappeared offline so if anyone has a new guide that would be great.

Anyhow, the guides currently available show that there's a lot of commonalities between the various models so if yours isn't listed you may find that it helps to look at similar units to see if it's "close enough".

Here ends this update...
Old Mar 20, 2009, 6:11 PM   #5

Just to update on this little lot... After a lot of work and considerable help from willing individuals I've been able to develop a number of new and/or improved guides to fitting external tanks to a number of other Epson inkjet printers.

The Stylus Pro 2100/2200 guide has been recreated from scratch after it was lost when the original site went offline.

I've also added the R280 - R290, R1400 and an improved version of the R800 guide which includes important stages left out in others. Additional guides are pending including the R1900 and the brand new PX800 FW / PX700 models so hopefully you'll find it a bit more useful. Finally I've been doing more work on the issue of protection or waste-ink counter resetting tools.

Because the list of printers is expanding exponentially I'm still keeping the continuousink.info site up but trying to write all the guides in a more readily accessible form on http://www.wasteink.co.uk which is considerably less commercially orientated and easier to read.

Hope this helps...
Old Sep 14, 2009, 9:11 PM   #6

Been ages since I last visited but another update..

There's a few more guides on the wasteink site now but I've also developed a tool/resource that pulls all the information together for pretty much every Epson inkjet there is.

There's an article here:
http://www.wasteink.co.uk/quickfind_printer_info/

... but just to be complete upfront, the actual tool is located on a commercial site (ie: OctoInkjet) but that said it does provide information that can be used without making a purchase... and, to be blunt, I wouldn't have put the resource together if I couldn't stand some chance of recouping the cost in researching and developing it... (we're talking months of work!)

Anyway, hopefully that's not too far across any lines and useful...

Cheers all.

Martin