Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 26, 2002, 9:22 PM   #1

Default S9000 Help

Hi, I am a new S9000 owner that has had quite a bit of experience with the Epson line of photo printers. I've only had my S9000 for two days, and printed a variety of pictures at 4x6 and 8.5x11 on Canon photopaper with good results. In one of my 4x6 photos I experienced a slight line in the image, but I chalked that up to a possible misstep in the printing. Other 4x6's have printed fine since that one.

Today I got my 13x19 paper, and tried my first print. The overall quality of the print is good, but there are 6 - 10 unacceptable lines in the image. They look to be one of two different colors, and are one pixel high. The strange thing is that they start in the white border area (you can't do borderless 13x19 prints) and extend into the image.

I did the normal print head alignment at the setup of the printer. I did another one after this happened to make sure everyting looked good. I printed another image at 8.5 x 11 with a large border and it didn't exhibit this problem.

A phone call to canon tech support had them requesting I print their sample image on my 13x19 paper. Call me cheap, but I don't really want to waste the ink and paper until i've explored any other possibilities.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions?

Thanks much!
Dimage7_S9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2002, 10:43 AM   #2
Administrator

Is this problem at the beginning or end of the print? It would indicate a paper feed problem to me. Be sure you have not pushed the moveable paper guide too tightly against edge of paper. The 13x19" paper is large and heavy, make sure the paper support is properly attached and folded all the way out and not half-closed. Also make sure the paper is properly inserted, seated fully down in printer. It's hard not to have it right because the paper is so heavy but you never know.

I've printed lots of 13x19 prints on my S9000 and have not experienced any problems. Everytime I crank out one of those "big beauties" in 4 minutes I am happy to have said good-bye to my Epson wide-carriage, I used to grow old waiting on a borderless 8x10 !

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote