Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 9, 2003, 1:41 PM   #11

Default My new i960 works great!

I'm using some Kodak Picture Paper (8.5 x 11, 51 lb., 7 mil, medium weight, soft gloss) that I had on hand. I've read that Kodak paper doesn't work that well with Canon printers, but I'm pretty impressed with my fist half dozen prints.
--Steve
DigitalNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2003, 6:31 PM   #12

Default Kodak paper bad rap

Not true that Kodak paper can't do great prints on Canon printers. I have an S820 and if you go to Kodak web site and follow the settings they say for there paper it looks better than Canon Photo Pro paper. the colars and detail is much better, i always likes kodak paper on my old epson.
PhotoMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2003, 8:10 PM   #13

So is this the printer to *get*??

I need one and well let's say I know little about printers.
Hammerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2003, 12:17 PM   #14

Is the difference only the USB2.0 picturebridge and speed ?

Becaus I jusr decided to buy the 950, and the 960 is not yet out here.

Greetings,
Frank
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2003, 8:07 AM   #15

Default Re: Kodak paper bad rap

I think the reason people say that Kodak paper doesn't work well with Canon printers is because prints made on that paper with the new Canon printers seem to fade very quickly when exposed to sunlight...

<TED>

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoMenace
Not true that Kodak paper can't do great prints on Canon printers. I have an S820 and if you go to Kodak web site and follow the settings they say for there paper it looks better than Canon Photo Pro paper. the colars and detail is much better, i always likes kodak paper on my old epson.
tedj101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2003, 10:13 PM   #16

Default I tried Canon Photo Paper Pro today

from the 4x6 5 sheet pack included with the i960. I took a photo of wife returning from the grocery, in bright sunlight -- lime windbreaker, white knit top, red head band -- then printed and took it to her. The detail was crisp and the color right on, even when I held the print against her sleeve. I'm impressed.
DigitalNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2003, 4:08 AM   #17

Default Re: I tried Canon Photo Paper Pro today

Yeah, but that wasn't the issue. The printer prints perfectly good pictures -- the problem is longevity -- particularly on that paper. Here's a test for you. Take two of those pictures. Keep on in an album. Tape the other in a south facing window where it will get full sunlight for several hours a day. Check the two after a month. Then do the sam after a couple of months. Each month in that exposure is probably the same as several months exposure indoors in an average room. I'll bet you will see a substantial change in the picture that is exposed to sunlight...

<TED>

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalNewbie
from the 4x6 5 sheet pack included with the i960. I took a photo of wife returning from the grocery, in bright sunlight -- lime windbreaker, white knit top, red head band -- then printed and took it to her. The detail was crisp and the color right on, even when I held the print against her sleeve. I'm impressed.
tedj101 is offline   Reply With Quote