Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 12, 2008, 2:16 AM   #1

Getting this now. the epson software says to remove the paper, take things out of the printer and turn it off and on again.

Done all that, still happens.

It does this after turning on and doing its usual whirring and clicking etc.

Is there any way to get more details out of it as to what is causing this error to trigger. The head moves freely along the rail when it does its test, and the other motor sounds the same when its lifting the head up and down.

I am thinking it may be related to the paper feed mechanics. I mainly used it for dvd-r printing and would like it operational again since I have a ciss for it which as is typical with epson will not fit into anything else. Even with the carts out, it does the same thing so its not the chips on the carts doing it.

I got the epson software from indoresetters and it also just says fatal error.

So, any ideas where to first look?

Thanks.
richms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2008, 1:28 AM   #2

I presume you turned the printer off at the wall — not merely with the on-off button?

Leave it disconnected long enough for the circuit to die -- ten mimutes or more.

It might also just need a thorough clean.

If there's no difference in the error message with or without the carts, my guess is that either the self-test isn't completing or you're misinterpreting the light sequence.

Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2008, 8:26 AM   #3

I left it off for about half an our before deciding to pull it to bits and see if there was anything inside that was causing problems.

There wasnt by the way. I may have to start looking for a used one of them, but for some reason people want stupid money for them used. Guess its the CD printing.
richms is offline   Reply With Quote