Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 30, 2003, 3:21 PM   #1

Default Canon i960 or Epson 960??

I have a Canon G3 and am looking to get a new printer. Please offer your opinions between the Canon i960 and the epson 960. I would like one that does a great job on photos, but also can handle the usual text printing. I have an HP 1115 and would prefer a printer that doesn't have a curl around paper path. I use regular paper, photo paper and some cardstock weight paper.
Really appreciate any input as I am getting more and more confused! :?
gheghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 30, 2003, 10:29 PM   #2

Default I also have a G3, and ordered an i960.

I plan to continue using my old HP820Cse for my non-photo printing, and keep buying and refilling black cartriges, but not any more color ones. I hope I can get away with that, at least for a (long) while. It doesn't bother me that the i960 seems to be optimized for photos -- that IS why I've ordered it!

BTW, when I checked the status of my order on Dell's website, it indicated the i960 was not yet available. Duh! I do wonder why Dell says it will ship on or before Oct. 6, though. I imagine that if someone didn't know the printer's not due out 'til late Oct. they might be irate.
DigitalNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2003, 3:11 AM   #3

I ran into that situation with my i9100. Dell told me that they had it and it would ship out in 5-7 business days. This was about 2 weeks before Canon was listing it as availble in May. I figured Canon was waiting to get their supply of S9000's down before when their web site stated "Now Available". For what ever reason, Canon one day had the i9100 listed as available, but then a day later stated available in July! Needless to say, that my order from Del was pushed back until July.
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote