Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 27, 2008, 9:06 PM   #1

Hi, I am new here but have been reading countless reviews on so many different printers. Here is a little background....I own a photography business...for the time being we are not printing our own work as I do not think we can compete with lab prices...I do print out test prints, do a lot of our own advertising on photo papers, brochures, customer photo receipts, a lot of "plain" paper work...that kind of thing.

Right now we have a pixma ip3000. Have been very happy with it but it is wearing out and is time to replace. I am thinking about staying in the canon line....I think I have it down to the following: Pixma MP610, MP960, MP970 and the Pixma Pro9000.

I really like the 9000, but have concerns that it really is just a photo printer, and that I would be wasting resources to get such a high-end printer for my needs. I have considered the AIO's because of the convenience...to access my scanner presently is time consuming and frankly a pain in the butt...some reviews I have read suggest the MP960/970 have the abilities to print directly on CDs and DVDs but have not found evidence to support it on all sights so would be curious if this is something it can do.

Can anyone share their thoughts with me? Which direction would you suggest I go? I would appreciate any and all advice!

Much obliged!
mommyslittlgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 28, 2008, 12:34 PM   #2

i use a canonip6000d mostly. fantastic photo printer and also does text very good.
i picked up a new refurb canon pro9000 recently and all i can say is that it's STUNNING.. i've always been a canon printer guy. one reason is they are so simple to refill.. there's no way you can compete with the labs tho. the 9000 loves ink and at 13'' x 19'' you'll fill something up after about 10 full size prints. it's easy to refill. about refilling, a complete set of new canon tanks is $100 before tax. i get 8 refills for $48 instead of $800.. does it make sense?? shoot me an email if you want to talk.

Roy
http://picasaweb.google.com/roysphoto
roysphoto @ Gmail.com
robar is offline   Reply With Quote