Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 30, 2008, 4:32 AM   #1

The carriage belt on my Epson Stylus R320 has snapped. That is the only thing wrong with my printer - all other parts are functioning. I want to replace the belt - if I can - it looks fiddly - but possible - if only I knew how to get hold of a new one!

So can anyone tell me where can I buy a spare carriage belt and how do I know if it is the correct part?

I have searched online - no luck. I found one site and when I asked them if it would be the right part for my printer - they were very unhelpful. - this is the link :-

http://www.filron.com/uk/index.php?a...productId=6775

Would be most grateful - I am stony broke and can't afford a new printer - but I really need it!

Many Thanks in Advance

Tamla :?

tamla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 6, 2008, 6:09 AM   #2

I can't say for sure, of course, but this is not a part I'd expect to see changed between models of the same series — the more they order of a specific part the cheaper it will be.

All 80-column printers have to cover the same paper width, and Epson have pretty much standardised on print path layout in their low-end printers for quite a while now.

A Google search on Epson Carriage Delivery Belt (1078883) turns up a number of suppliers — rather than asking if the part fits, try enquiring of several for a belt to fit your printer model without quoting the part number.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote