Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 6, 2003, 12:31 AM   #1

Default Paper format and picture format

Hi I'm considering getting a Canon inkject printer since the reviews on quality are great and the speed is great. I shoot event photography so sometimes I've got a lot of 8x10's to print.

I'm sort of stuck. Seems Canon has no 8x10 paper and I'm not about to start cutting all the bigger size 8.5 to 11 paper to fit 8x10 which by the way is the size of all the prefab leather bound book insert pages. So my first question is, does Canon make a superior 8x10 paper and if so which one? If not does an alternative exist (Kodak) that will work well with Canon color cartridges?

Finally, I have this problem. No matter how hard I try I tend to make photo's with my D100 that almost fill the frame. I'm so used to getting it right at the camera that I can't get myself to step back or to zoom out enough so that when I try to make an 8x10 I'm loosing significant portions of the brides dress, etc as the Nikon D100 CCD is at the largest setting set at 4x6 ration and not 8x10. Does anyone know how to solver this problem?

I'm stuck trying to get the format closer to 8 x10 or maybe I should think of printing another size. The current size ration of 4:6 is also 6.666:10 or 6.7" x 10 for the existing CCD. This is frusttrating me. Medium format digital exists but at $15k for a camera.

Anybody solved this?
mbuonanno@alum.mit.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 6, 2003, 12:33 AM   #2

ratio is not raton? don't know where that came from.
Old Oct 6, 2003, 12:34 AM   #3

The Canon I'm considering is the B960i as I don't get requests for larger format prints.