Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 6, 2003, 11:59 PM   #1

Default Printer Paper for Canon no 8x10?

Hi I'm considering getting a Canon 960i inkject printer since the reviews on quality are great and the speed is great. I shoot event photography so sometimes I've got a lot of 8x10's to print.

I'm sort of stuck. Seems Canon has no 8x10 paper and I'm not about to start cutting all the bigger size 8.5 to 11 paper to fit 8x10 which by the way is the size of all the prefab leather bound book insert pages. So my first question is, does Canon make a superior 8x10 paper and if so which one? If not does an alternative exist (Kodak) that will work well with Canon color cartridges?
mbuonanno@alum.mit.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2003, 7:47 AM   #2

Just fyi, kinkos will cut an entire stack (up to about 250 sheets I think) of 8.5x11 down to 8x10 for 2$. I would think any other copy servce or small print shop that has a comercial paper cutter could do the same for you pretty cheap.
richardh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2003, 3:42 PM   #3

That is a nice solution thanks.

One last thing, I notice for Epson that their premium glossy photo paper is heavier in 8,10 than in 8,5 x 11. It's 68lb paper. Don't know if Canon's is as nice even if I cut it down at Kinko's. Appreciate the help though. Mark.
mbuonanno@alum.mit.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2003, 4:09 AM   #4

Personally I wouldn't touch canon paper. It is too expensive and far from the best. You might want to look at ilford papers. I think ilford smooth gloss is about the best I have tried (what printer do you currentlly use, Ilford smooth gloss works with most printers so maybe you could try some). It is not rated in lbs. so far as I know (it is an english paper) but office depot glossy is 69lb, 260gsm and ilford smooth gloss is 280gsm.
richardh is offline   Reply With Quote