Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 13, 2008, 8:14 PM   #1

Hey everyone, just stumbled upon this great forum and was hoping somebody would be able to help me.

I've got an Epson Photo R200, that has been working fine for a long time, but the two red lights (paper and ink) have recently begun flashing quickly and at the same time, while the green power light is off.

It does this during the start up process, it gets about 90% through and then just stops. I blew inside a few times to make sure there were no lumps of dust or anything, and then the problem went away, but then I still couldn't print because as it started to take paper through, it just stopped and the power and paper lights came on. And now I'm back to the two fast flashing lights :evil:.

I had a look in the service manual, and this says that the error is detected when:

[align=center]1. "Carriage Unit" cannot move correctly by the external force in each operation.[/align]
[align=center]2. "PF Motor" cannot rotate correctly while "PF Motor" operates.[/align]
[align=left]I have no idea at all what this means, so was wondering if someone could help me. I don't mind taking the printer apart, as I'm going to do that anyway. If I can't get it back together properly then so what, it's not working now but it's worth a try![/align]
[align=left]Thanks to everyone in advance![/align]
bsimonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links