Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 14, 2008, 7:11 PM   #1

Hello. I previously had an all-in-oneCanon MP 780 with printer, photocopier, scanner, and fax. I'm looking for something comparable. My mom has the MP 830, which is fine. However, beforeforking over $200, I want to make sure there isn't anything out there for this price that isn't better. What really bothers me about the MP 830 is that it has five seperate inks tanks. This isn't bad in itself; actually, they say there are advantages to a printer's having seperate ink tanks. However, the tanks are expensive and they use up the ink pretty quickly.
lenfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2008, 8:45 PM   #2

lenfini wrote:
Quote:
Hello. I previously had an all-in-oneCanon MP 780 with printer, photocopier, scanner, and fax. I'm looking for something comparable. My mom has the MP 830, which is fine. However, beforeforking over $200, I want to make sure there isn't anything out there for this price that isn't better. What really bothers me about the MP 830 is that it has five seperate inks tanks. This isn't bad in itself; actually, they say there are advantages to a printer's having seperate ink tanks. However, the tanks are expensive and they use up the ink pretty quickly.
The MP830 is going for less than $200 on buy.com with free shipping.
The MP960 after a $100 rebate is also under $100

The mp780 used 5 inktanks like the mp830, the difference is newer ink and chipped tanks, which as it turns out even newer models offer even smaller tanks.

[AIOs]
PIXMA MP620
PIXMA MP980

These two models use the new PGI-220 tank which according to sources costs less and is smaller.
http://www.druckerchannel.de/artikel...600_und_ip4600

But on the flip side of things, it can't be "that much" smaller.

The MP810 is what I'd likely go for if I didn't already own the mp830 as negative scanning is handy, but the mp830 @ $153.99 is a damn good deal. Even their other fax model, the MP530 is now $102. IIRC it has less nozzles than the mp830.

IGExpandingPanda is offline   Reply With Quote