Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 22, 2008, 10:18 AM   #1

Blacked up to the elbows and not too happy

Just modded the back of my epson R300 as explained in earlier post. Ran a few ink head cleans (about six/ten max) as I have had some black problems.

Suddenly there is ink seeping under my printer front. The Pot (similar to what others have used) is filled and overflowing, every thin on the desktop is soaked in ink and I am completely confused??

Head cleaning can't have produced that much waste ink before I hooked out the little pipe from the back of the printer, otherwise over the years I would be swimming in ink. I had to tip a jar of the stuff down the sink, let alown what was on the desk top etc...

Any iseas and help much appreciated.

Deeno

Deeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 29, 2008, 12:08 AM   #2

This is a bit late (been offline for a while.)

These things don't make ink (wouldn't it be nice if they did!), so it has to be coming from somewhere, and the entire contents contents of a set of cartridges couldn't supply such an amount.

From this I deduce you have a CIS fitted and the flood is from that.

Do you have the supply tanks installed level with the printer base so that the machine has to pull ink through?

If you raise them too high you can set up a syphon (if you lift them high enough you might even have gravity feed) and ink will then flow through until the supply level drops below the outlet point

The contents of six 100ml bottles will make a right old mess!

Most CIS suppliers warn you of this risk.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote