Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 29, 2008, 10:26 AM   #1

Hi All
I use my printer with CIS system .Everything was OK untill after moving my existing CIS start leaking. It was actually leaking outside of the printer so I put it into plastic bag.
Finally it ended with no INK in CIS and I printed out all black ink from cartrige.

I ordered new CIS. Installed. Everything is perfect except 1 head. CYAN is misaligned. Basically CYAN was not the ink which finished. So I did not expect it to clog.

Here is scanned nozzle-check image. Look closer at vertical distorting points on CYAN. How come it could be?
I soaked head in Windex already - no effect at all. made many head-cleans - does not help.

I would appreciate any help. I do not throw the printer out just because of one head problem.

thanks
vluzhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 3, 2008, 10:28 PM   #2

Your image isn't very clear — invisible, actually...

It's possible you have dried ink or other matter on the surface of the head that just soaking in Windex doesn't remove (I assume you just applied Windex to the parking pad?) and it's deflecting the ink spray.

Try wetting a strip of clean, lint-free cloth with Windex, lay it along the print path, move the heads over it, pick up the ends and pull to and fro.

Then park the heads for a while, followed by a head clean and nozzle check.

The head might also have been moved somehow or just need aligning.

If you haven't already, try using the alignment utility.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2008, 8:24 PM   #3

Soaked the head in windex (on the pad) for 2 days. Looks like it cleaned almost 95%. Then for another one day - did not do much. Still have very slight issues.
Will try your sugession with strip and do it manually.

BTW picture when you click on that will be enlarged and it is very clean visible the issue.

It disords cyan dots wehn it suppose to be vertical line.

vluzhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2008, 7:20 PM   #4

Yes, I could see the image this time — last time I looked it wouldn't come up — hence my remark that it was invisible.

I think my first guess was right — something (most likely a build-up of dried ink, but it could be a piece of lint, paper shred or what-have-you) is deflecting the ink spray from some of the nozzles.

A physical clean is probably the best thing to try
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2008, 2:37 PM   #5

This problem happens with all dyebase cyan inks... The Cyan gets old and becomes more and more likely to clog.

To date the only solution I've found is to purchase a new supply of Cyan, flush out the old from the CIS system and then reprime with the new supply.

Done this now with two R300 printers and a few other users reported the same results.

I think the original discussion about this was on nifty-stuff if you want to check back.
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote