Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Nov 25, 2008, 7:26 PM   #1

Hi

I have a Pixma mx310 Canon printer. Does anyone know how to manually or otherwise ...restet the print cartridge to get rid of the error message "check ink" Error code U162 on the printer? I have replaced the old color cartridge with a newly filled one.
deepcaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 26, 2008, 8:18 PM   #2

deepcaster wrote:
Quote:
Hi

I have a Pixma mx310 Canon printer. Does anyone know how to manually or otherwise ...restet the print cartridge to get rid of the error message "check ink" Error code U162 on the printer? I have replaced the old color cartridge with a newly filled one.

You'll have to talk to http://www.sudhaus-inkjet.de/ about this one. They are the folks who released the redsetter for the cli-8 pgi-5 series. But to be honest I'm not aware of any resetter for this series, or if the chips in the tanks are compatible.
IGExpandingPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2008, 11:28 PM   #3

Thanks for your help. Guess I'm stuck buying expensive ink cartridges.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 1:25 AM   #4

deepcaster wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for your help. Guess I'm stuck buying expensive ink cartridges.
I crunched the numbers for someone recently, and it was cheaper to buy a mp530 then it was to continue buying cartridges for their unit that took the PG-40 and CL-41 cartridges. In fact the ink difference between the two units was so high that the ink that came with any canon taking CLI-8 and PGI-5 cartrages was equal in value.

$130 mx700 Canon estore
$100 mp530 Amazon.com

The mx700 isn't my favorite model since it features only 4 ink tanks, lower resolution head, and no option for CD printing.

The mp530 isn't my favorite since it only has 320 black nozzles and about 1/2 the color nozzles of newer models.

But the price is right, both support fax, sheet feeders, and they both take the pgi-5/cli-8 cartridges.

http://www.buy.com/prod/canon-pixma-...209996474.html

The mp830 was selling for $75 a short time ago as a referb. Now it's $100 as a referb. I own this unit and I've been pleased with it.

Old Nov 27, 2008, 9:19 PM   #5

Thankyou very much for the information!
Old Nov 28, 2008, 7:07 AM   #6

Just a thought but if you're really looking for a decent printer that doesn't have the failings of the RX700 (I wasn't all that impressed with the one I got for testing) I'd take a look at any refurbished or end-of-line MP830's.

They don't have the network printserver but they are very nice printers albeit on the large side.

No idea on pricing as I'm UK based but I suspect IG may have a few suggestions..
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2008, 3:44 PM   #7

websnail wrote:
Quote:
Just a thought but if you're really looking for a decent printer that doesn't have the failings of the RX700 (I wasn't all that impressed with the one I got for testing) I'd take a look at any refurbished or end-of-line MP830's.

They don't have the network printserver but they are very nice printers albeit on the large side.

No idea on pricing as I'm UK based but I suspect IG may have a few suggestions..
Actually
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Pixma-In...131&sr=8-1

the mp610 is now onsale for $89 shipped from Amazon.com.

No sheet feeder, no slide scanner, no fax. It's a real basic AIO. But it's actually cheaper than an ip4600 and you can buy them.

Now I agree the mp830 is a good unit. I own it, it's a beast. The mp610 at least is about as wide as an epson r280, 17.7 inches IIRC.

The mp830 is kin to the ip4300/5200.
The mp610 is akin to the ip4500 and adds the medium resolution nozzles to the printhead. It doesn't support fax.

The fax units from memory are mp530/mp830/mx700/mx800

All above have doc feeders, IIRC the 700/800 get CCD scanners. MX gives you network.

Old Aug 19, 2010, 12:12 PM   #8

Default Pixma mx310

I have a pixma mx310 that has a u163 message that will not leave.
I talked to a Cannon tech and tried the suggestions with no results.
She concluded it may be an electrical problem requiring service. The machine is old and not had much use and I have just purchased new 40 and 41 ink catridges. It would most likely cost more than it is worth if I take it too a repair center. Any suggestions?
njsolutions@yahoo.com
njsolutions@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote